Friday, 8 January 2016

Logo Design

I feel my main logo is a little boring and plain so I decided to add a fiery, lava texture to it as this represents hell which is a common topic in most rock songs.

This video helped me know how to put a texture on text:

Here are my 4 logo designs with the lava texture. Each time i changed the layer blend in order to achieve a certain effect.



 This was my first design, however I feel that you can't see the lava texture very clearly, this makes the logo look extremely similar to my original logo design. I need to make the texture have a stronger effect on the text.

  
I really like this logo design as you can really see the lava texture, i also like the fact that it has its own colour scheme of burgundy and poppy red. The darkness of the logo is good as it resembles rock ideology, however due to the logo being dark, it could be lost in the main image if i were to make that darker also.


This is similar to my previous logo experiment, except this appears more vibrant, showing a little more colour. I really like this design apart from the fact that I still think that it will be lost within the main image  due to most of the colour in the text being dark purple.

This is my favourite design as it sticks to the conventional rock colours of red and black. I also like it as the lava effect which is now coloured black, makes the text looked smashed which follows rock iconography, which is what I am aiming for, due the glass smashes on my original cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment