Sunday, 3 January 2016

Questionnaire / Focus Groups


Questionnaire

How often do you buy magazines?
Never  
Once a month
Never
Never
Never
Once a week
Never
Not very regularly
Never
OCCASIONALLY
What do you look for in a magazine and why?
Interviews with my favourite artists
The information because I like to see what the artists are up to in the music industry.
The free gifts, especially albums as I like to hear different artists that perhaps I have never heard before.
I look for competitions because I like getting the wins
My favourite artists because I like to hear about them and support them.
I look for the free gifts as I like getting merchandise of my favourite bands
I look for the interviews with my favourite artists as I like to know everything about them
Entertaining content like quiz’s
I look for the free gift in the magazine as it adds to the content of the magazine.
I LIKE THE GOSSIP IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AS IT IS INTERESTING AND GIVES YOU AN INSIGHT INTO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.
What free gifts would you like to see included in your magazine?
Posters, CD
CD’s
CD’s for the same reasons
CD or Guiness
Posters of my favourite artists
Posters of my favourite artists and bands
I like the CD’s as it gives me a chance to listen to new upcoming artists
A local gig guide, to show me when certain gigs are on and where they are on.
As you can get hours of entertainment out of it whereas you only read a magazine once.
A CD AS YOU CAN DISCOVER NEW ARTISTS
What bands / artists would you like to hear about in your chosen magazine?
Paramore
Arctic Monkeys
Ariana Grande
Justin Bieber
Iron Maiden
Ed Sheeran
Beyoncé
Eminem
All Time Low
KANYE WEST
What do you dislike most about magazines and why?
Adverts, I find them pointless
The quizzes, I find them immature
The adverts, they take up half of a magazine even though we are not interested.
The artists I’m not interested in
The adverts, they take up too much of the pages that I pay for
When there is a lot of pictures and very little writing, this is because I prefer more content and like my magazine to last a while.
When magazines talk about different genres, other than the one I am reading
I don’t like the posters you get as I feel like the magazine is dumping things on me that just go in the bin.
I don’t like the pages as they waste the pages of the mag.
THE CHILDISH QUIZZZES AND HORRORSCOPES
What do you like the most about magazines and why?
Interviews, engage more with the artist
Gossip in the music industry, I find it interesting
Album ratings, like to see if an album is worth buying
Interviews
Interviews as they are interesting.
The album reviews, as they help me decide what album is worth the money
I like the advert as they normally advertise things relevant to the music genre I am reading about.
I really like horoscopes as they entertain me.
I like the CD’s as you can get hours of entertainment out of them.
THE GOSSIP IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY (FOR THE SAME REASON)
How much will you be willing to pay for a magazine and why?
£3.00 anything over will be too expensive.
Price would be based on amount of pages and content.
£2.50, anything over I think would be too expensive.
£1, because I don’t want to pay a lot for something I don’t read.
£3.50, anything over will be too expensive
£3 based on if the magazine had over 150 pages and a lot of content
£2.50 as I only enjoy reading them every now and then and don’t want to spend a lot on the.
£1 As I don’t regularly read magazines and only really like the horoscopes.  
£2.50 the free gifts add to the price.
£2.50 ANY MORE WILL NOT BE WORTH THE MONEY
Do you regularly purchase a certain magazine, if not, why?
No, because most of them include bands I don’t like.
Kerrang
No, I rarely see my favourite bands in them
NO, I don’t have time to read
I purchase NME
No, I can’t afford to pay for them monthly
No, because I only like reading them every now and then.
No as I only really like the horoscopes
No, I prefer books
NO, I ONLY BUY THEM IF THEY HAVE GOSSIP IN ABOUT MY FAVOURITE ATISTS
What are your favourite music genres of magazine?
Alternative rock and indie rock
Alternative and Indie Rock
Pop and RnB
Hip Hop
Alternative Rock and Country
RnB and Pop
Pop
Rock
Rock
POP
How many pages would you prefer in a magazine?
50-100
100 – 150
50-100
30-60
150+
200
100+
100-200
150+
150ISH


No comments:

Post a Comment