The medium dark purple would be the main colour I would keep present throughout all the magazine. I am also choosing this colour in my masthead because one of Wyke's colours is purple. The light brown and yellow colours would be used to underline subheadings on the contents page as they complement each other very well as they are both soft colours.
I like this colour scheme because the colours are very similar and go with each other more than the first colour scheme did. I picked the purples for the same reason but I picked the light colours like white and pink for the subheadings because they are very subtle colours and don't need to stand out as much as the masthead colours (dark purple). I picked grey as it goes nicely with the dark purple and complements it well as I think it makes the magazine look more professional.
I picked these colours as they are very vibrant and they make the magazine look more informal which will appeal to the student audience. The masthead colour will still be purple but I feel like the orange will make a nice footer colour along side with the main image.
I think that the more similar the colours, the more structured and professional the magazine looks, hence why I made this colour scheme. The lighter colours would be more suitable for the front cover as a front cover needs to stand out.
No comments:
Post a Comment