I have picked the model to have long dark hair because this is iconic for rockers.
I have chosen a leather jacket because all the way back to the 1980's, rockers have been wearing leather so I would like to stick to tradition.
I have chosen black skinny jeans because this is what is commonly worn in the modern times of rockstars.
I have picked black boots for the model to wear as boots are considered very masculine which is what the rock genre is about.
All rockers have jewelry so i have decided to include it also.
The colour scheme is black as that is the conventional colour scheme for a metal rock band.
I have chosen this outfit as it fits into the rock genre convention and is an iconic look for rock-stars. It will appeal to the rock audience as this costume is worn by all the old, classic bands who are very popular, even now. This costume is easily recognized and still worn by the rock fan base today.
This look appeals to the youth of today than the previous costume did. Unlike the previous costume, this is a modern rock star look, mostly punk bands and screamo bands wear this outfit but other sub-genres have started to wear it also. For example, My Chemical Romance who is a metal band is also wearing this style of outfit even though the conventional metal band wears the costume above.
A have chosen a shirt because shirts are very fashionable in today's world and the fact it is black also fits in with the rock theme.
I have picked skinny jeans because they are the most common item of clothing rock-stars wear, and they are very popular in the general public.
Converse are very fashionable in the present day and are very popular and appealing to the rock audience, that is why I have picked them.
Really long hair is a bit old fashioned, a much more modern look is shortish black hair that is messy as it has a very punk vibe. This hair style is also more commonly seen than long hair.
Eyeliner is commonly worn among all rock artists, therefore to go with this modern look, eye liner is needed.
This look is a more free, hippie look to rock, it supports the classic rock sub-genre but is also quite modern.
The ripped skinny jeans imply the violent ideology rock contains, however the jeans bring a quite modern look to rock as they are worn a lot by the public today. The jeans are also black to resemble rock.
The head band brings the indie, hippie look to the costume, as if the artists is going to perform at a festival. The headband is commonly red, as red is one of rocks iconic colours.
The artists longish hair is also a modern, more fashionable look than the stereotypical long hair. However, the messiness represents the violent ideology of rock. This hairstyle is also very common now in the rock industry.
The sleeveless top is is a very traditional, stereotypical piece of clothing that rock-stars have worn over the years. They are also very common in today's rock industry.
The bracelets represent the hippie look to the outfit and also bring the festival vibe.
The army boots are a very indie rock look, indie rock is very popular today, showing that this rock outfit is more modernized and appealing to the youth of rock.
Female rockers tend to mix their outfit between these 3 costumes. For example, a female rocker would tend to have long black hair, a black shirt or leather jacket, she would have skinny jeans with army boots or converse, and plenty of bracelets.
Mise-en-scene
I would like to do a photo-shoot in a Green Screen room as many magazine covers like Rock sound and Kerrang have a green screened background with dark colours photo-shopped behind the model. By adding a background, it lets me express rock ideology by showing a gradient of the conventional rock colours, this will imply to the audience that this is a rock magazine.
I would also like my photo-shoot to take place in a ran down area, with the stereotypical graffiti, as this will represent rocks violent ideology as many buildings in ran down areas are damaged. I have no inspiration for this idea.
The props I would use in my photo-shoot would be an electric guitar and maybe other musical props like a microphone or a set of drum sticks. This will show that the magazine is a rock magazine due to the certain instruments that are being used. I got this inspiration from Kerrang Magazines front cover.Name Choices / Ideas
Kerplunk - I have come up with this name as it sounds like the popular Rock magazine Kerrang. I like it as it sounds like a violent sound effect therefore representing Rock ideology.E-Rock - I have come up with this name as it stands for Every Rock, as this magazine will cover every style of rock.
Smash - This also sounds like a violent sound effect which therefore represents Rock ideology.
Distortion / Distort - I came up with this name as on many Rock tracks, the distortion on a guitar is turned up to full, giving the rock effect.
Cock! - This stands for Classic Rock, the word cock which is a swear represents the rock genres rebellion to society and the idea of what we should and shouldn't say.
Rock Now - Represents the rock in modern society and the latest news on the genre and bands in it.
Cracked - Glass cracks when loud music like rock is played.
Def - Rock has been described as deafening as it is really loud.
Solo - A solo is an iconic part of a rock song.
Encore - It is what a crowd chant if they want the band to come on again.
Un-Plugged - This resembles the pluging in and out of the guitar lead.
Banned - Rock is rather explicit music, therefore Banned would be a good name.
Colour Schemes
Colour Scheme 1
I have picked this colour scheme as it includes the conventional rock genre colours; red, black and a light colour which is almost white. I have chosen this light pink colour instead of white as I feel it complements the blue and red more. The grey complements the black as they are both dark colours and resemble the rock genre. The blue is a split - complementary colour to the red, implying that it will go well with the rest of the colours.
Colour scheme 2
This colour scheme is very dark and therefore will resemble the rock magazine well as the dark colours will represent the dark ideology of the genre.
Colour scheme 3
This colour scheme represents the traditional rock colours. I think it's best just to stick to the three iconic colours as i feel that my magazine will be going off topic and convention if I used any other colour.
Colour scheme 4
This colour scheme represents the modern side of rock, punk rock. This is shown by the colours being lighter than the classic rock colours, making it look more youthful and modern.
Feature Stories
- Q and A with an artist of the genre.
- Who is the greatest Rock Legend of all time
- The Rockstar Lifestyle
- About a band on tour.
- New album release
- Interview with an artist
- Best of the 80's
- Return of an artist
- Artist album band, classed as "Satanist"
- AC/DC Drummer jailed after planning a murder
No comments:
Post a Comment